Unmaintained

This blog is now unmaintained. All content and resources are now available at http://marcski55.hopto.org.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

"When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up." --Psalm 94:18.

Even when we don't have the strength or traction to do what God has called us to do, we can rely on Him to hold us up. For example, I'm really not good at ice skating (I'm still getting the whole walking without running into things idea down). However, if I have someone to help balance me out, I can successfully get from one side of a rink to another without too much trouble, even though I have no footing. As another example, think about rock climbing. Most who climb use some sort of safety harness to keep them from falling if their feet slip! This is really the picture. When we mess up, God's mercy is there to keep us from falling into the pit of hell or the pit of addiction. God alone has the power to hold us up from our sin. We cannot do it alone. Just as most wouldn't dare to climb a wall without a safety harness, why would we go through life without leaning on God? Yes, He is so much more than a "just in case" or "plan B," but the amazing thing is that He is there when our plan A doesn't work, even though He should have been our plan A.

Do you need your safety harness?

No comments:

Post a Comment